Saturday, December 24, 2011

Looking back

As i sit here, i can't help but look back at the year that our calendar says is 2011. It feels like this year has been a whole lot longer than just 12 calendar months. if i were to put on a calendar how long it felt like to me, this year would be about 18 months long. At the start of this year, i started out as i had ended 2010 still being on 2nd shift at my job, hoping to maybe someday get to transfer to first shift! I was overjoyed that we were expecting another little bundle of joy. Come around april or so, we found out that our little bundle was gonna be a boy! Thankfully, I finally got to transfer to 1st shift in July. Then, a month later, my whole world changed. I got the horrible news that my little boy had went to heaven to become an angel. Then, fast forward about four months later and it still don't seem real or right! I hold on to the bible verse that says that God won't put more on us than we can bear! I'm not gonna say that i understand why Eli was taken from us, but i can't wait until i get to see and hold Eli in heaven!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoying the blog and your thoughts Kevin. You have become a great man and father. You've come so far in life. I do remember a kid, fishing in a boat that I wanted to throw in the river because he wouldn't be still and quiet haha...... Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete