Monday, August 27, 2012

A Year, a Tear, and a Tractor Pull

The Three of these have nothing in common, except maybe if you cry after winning your class at the Tractor pull. That's just my redneck brand of logic! I was able to go to a tractor pull this weekend in Colinwood, Tennessee with my in-laws. I finally got my days off to line up to where I could go to one this year. While I was there I couldn't help but notice people who brought their youngsters out to it. There were some that were as old as Eli would've been if he was here. If he was here alive with us we wouldn't have brought him out, but still it brings a tear to my eye seeing what could've been. It's been over a year since we lost our little Eli Weston. I can look at our family picture with Eli in the hospital and I still go back to that scene, just like it was yesterday. I guess it'll always be that way, I hope it will so that I can have a memory of seeing him here with us for the short time that we could hold his little body. I hope that image stays in my mind to go with me. We have pictures of him from the hospital and from the funeral home in his little casket. I can't believe that it's been a year now. I don't know where the time has gone to, it was just 4 months ago that our big deal was buying our house. I remember how rapped up in it that I became. Day in and day out asking Jenna if she had heard ANYTHING from our lender about it. However, that was only four months, that doesn't account for the other 8 months of the year. All that I can figure is that between work, worry, stress and other mundane things and just getting through everyday with Jenna and Zoey is what took up the rest of the time. This has made me appreciate day-to-day life alot more! I was thankful for our first of two blessings before, even more sooooo now! As I have said before, my perspective went from can't wait to get to tomorrow to just living for today. Even though it might be a contradiction in terms, the new age phrase "new normal" seems to sum up life very well! Well a year has come and gone. To borrow a line from a great move "...And That's all I have to say about that."

No comments:

Post a Comment